Dr. Orr opened Eagle Family Medicine Center in the Village of Eagle on July 27, 1986 where he continues to provide quality medical care to residents of Chester County.
Dr. Orr is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania and Jefferson Medical College. He completed his residency in Family Medicine at the Reading Hospital and Medical Center in Reading, Pennsylvania. He is board certified in Family Medicine by the American Academy of Family Practice.
He also completed his psychotherapy training at the Psychoanalytic Institute in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. In the past, he has been certified in geriatrics and in biofeedback.
Dr. Orr is certified by the American Society of Clinical Psychopharmacology and is Chairman of the Core Curriculum Committee for the education of Family Medicine residents and teachers of Family Medicine in psychopharmacology. He has written lectures in both anxiety and depression for this curriculum. He is a regular speaker with both the New Jersey and Pennsylvania Academies of Family Practice.
Dr. Orr lives in Chester Springs with his wife and his springer spaniel, Raven. He has two children, Alexandra and Samuel. Alex helps out at the Practice and has run studies in Attention Deficit Disorder and Menopause for the American Academy of Family Physicians and on Suicidality at the Practice.
Dr. Orr is Board Certified by the American Academy of Family Practice
Dr. Orr’s degrees and certifications:
- BS, Psychology from the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- MD from Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA
- Certification in Psychotherapy from the Philadelphia Psychotherapy Institute and Society, Philadelphia, PA
- Certification in Clinical Psychopharmacology from the American Society of Clinical Psychopharmacology
- Master Psychopharmacologist from the Neuroscience Education Institute